Image Map

Monday 21 April 2014

(84) Catching up with friends

84. Catch up with five people I haven’t seen in a year (or more)


Yay Melbourne!  I haven't been in a couple of years and so I managed to knock off TWO people in one day for this goal.  Go team!!!!


Firstly - Travis!  We've been friends since Grade 8 and he's now living in Melbourne and working as a Head Chef at some fancy pants place, plating up meals that look like artwork!  (And that make me look like I'm poisoning my kids!)  It was SO awesome to see Travis.  As usual, he hasn't changed a bit.  Still cheeky, still funny and still my great mate from school.  I can't believe we've known each other 15 years now (and that he still pulls bloody faces when I take a pic!)  We had coffee and breaky at a nice cafe in Elsternwick!

Me and Travis!

Then for lunch Zavian, Memphis and I headed in to St Kilda to meet up with the beautiful Bec who I've known a number of years through online blogging communities and who I met for the first time in person 2 years ago.  Our boys, Zavian and Rowan, are about 6 weeks apart in age and I swear they are soul-brothers!  I am always laughing at her 'Rowanism' posts, because they're always things similar to what Zavian comes out with.  We went to a fabulous community garden called 'Vege Out' where the boys got to run around and water gardens, eat yummy goodies from one of the fab cake shops and just be boys.  It was great to see Bec, she's a beautiful soul and I'm so grateful that some way, some how, our paths have crossed.

Bec and the boys explore some of the garden plots
Zavian was a lot more enthusiastic as he looks, I promise!
This was probably my fave pic from our whole Melbourne trip!
It is rare for Zavian to find another little fella that he just 'clicks' with.
Watering the garden for "Grandma"





No comments:

Post a Comment