Image Map

Monday 12 January 2015

53. Go to the pool once a week for a month

In honesty, I didn't think I'd get this one ticked off.
I hate to swim.  I hate to wear togs.  This one was going to require me to actually SHOP for a swimsuit and I hate that more than probably anything. Cheers to Kmart for my cheap, boring, black all in one and some comfy baggy swimming shorts.  Probably not a good look, but meh - at least I know well enough not to wear a bikini, right!?


Anywho... I went to the doctor who tsk tsked me about my weight, refused to help me control my PCOS symptoms until I tried something else in terms of exercise.  So I decided to do aqua-aerobics.

Turns out aqua-aerobics is one of my favourite things ever.  And thanks to the Live Well Logan program put in place by Logan City Council I got to do it for a whopping $3 a session.  I'm super disappointed though as it runs from 8am-9am and 100% clashes with school run which now starts earlier due to Zavian starting C&K. Ty's fortnightly RDO means I can at least do it fortnightly though, so I shouldn't complain too much.

I did the program during October and November and it was great.  I surprised myself by actually getting in to a cold swimming pool at 8am - but I always felt SO good afterwards that it was 100% worth it.  Mandy was my aqua buddy, and we were the youngest there by about 40 or 50 years!!!

Try it though!  It's refreshing and fun, and honestly it made me HAPPY.  It's the only form of exercise I have ever enjoyed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment